About Us

My photo
Humanitarian worker / Human Rights activist / Campaigner / Researcher / Member-at-large of humanity / Citizen of the world

Friday, August 1, 2008

Some daily events from the boys....

In the attempt to get our kids to blog a bit, here is what we have so far. Things are admittidly a bit slow and both boys are feeling the distance from friends - especially in these days of summer that are usually spent swimming, playing ball and sleep-overs.


TANNER:

Last night I tried out for a soccer team. They call it training not practices. It was hard. I guess. The coaches were hard. They pushed us. There were different drills. Chipping was hard because I haven’t practiced it before. Chipping is hitting the ball and making it go into the air. I felt like I was getting it at the end.

I have a friend named Fasiah from church. He is nice and likes to play football (which is soccer). We play together a lot at church.

I miss my friends.

Our showers are weird. The shower is separated from the bathtub faucette. The bathtub faucette is in the middle of the bathtub in the center.

KONNER:

On Monday we went to the mall and went to this candy store and bought 100 grams of candy for 99 pence. And then we went back to the mall on Wednesday and bought giant jawbreakers for 2 pounds. And right now the jawbreaker has a ton of color on it. It has 28 colors on it. I have been eating it for the past 3 days and have only eaten a quarter of it.

On Tuesday we went to this place called the Warren Gorge. There was a trail we could walk on. On the walk we found one big swan and 2 little ones and 2 ducks. The swans would go down under the water and get food and the big swan would drink weird because he would just barely put his head in the water and drink the water.

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

Tanner that's awesome that you felt like you were getting "chipping" at the end of practice. You'll get it!! I know. The bathtub faucet sounds odd. I was trying to picture it in my head. Someday I would like to visit, then I can see for myself huh?

Konner, it sounds like you're a candy eating machine! Good luck with that jaw breaker (but don't break your teeth!! ) I'm glad you had fun on the trail. Someday if Sid and I can come visit you maybe you could show us the swans. :)

Love you guys!
-Tiffanie